Deliver smiles as a volunteer!
Episcopal Retirement Homes volunteers are instrumental in helping us fulfill our mission to provide quality care for seniors. Each year our volunteers donate more than 20,000 hours of loyal service in our retirement communities.
Who can volunteer?
Any caring individual 13 years of age or older who is dedicated to serving older adults. You can be a student or working adult with a few hours to share. You might be recently retired and looking for someplace to share a talent. You might even be searching for an opportunity to give back to others for any reason at all. Whatever your reason or desire for volunteering, we will work with you to find the best match with your particular talents and interests.
Volunteers serve in many ways, such as:
- Calling Bingo games at our communities
- Providing clerical/reception support
- Training residents to use computers, software and/or social media platforms
- Arranging and delivering flowers to residents that need a little cheer
- Visiting with residents who don’t have a strong family support system
- Clerking at the Marjorie P. Lee Corner Store
- Delivering hot meals throughMeals on Wheels
- Becoming a lead health minister or committee member with Parish Health Ministry
- Or another specialized interest area such as photography and videography, knitting, card playing, etc.
If you have a passion, we will make it an opportunity.
Benefits of Volunteering
Aside from the good feeling you get from helping others, you will enjoy things like:
- Complimentary access to fitness center and pool
- Free meal while you are working
- Training and educational experiences with documentation of service hours for schools and resumes
- Recognition luncheon/dinner
- Participation in volunteer/employee events
- Free flu vaccine
- Learn from those whose wisdom comes from years of life experience
For more information, fill out a volunteer interest form!